Saturday, April 15, 2006

Tomb Raider 1 Theme.mp3




(3:33 / 4 Mb)
(Photo courtesy of Eidos)





Okay... I'm not what you would call a 'gamer', but I do have to admit to an affinity with one game, in particular, released approximately 10 years ago. Contrary to what you might think, it was the music that interested me most about the game.

This past week, the seventh installment was released - Tomb Raider Legend, so I thought it fitting to revisit the original score. The music had a raw beauty that I wanted to emulate. The instruments were synthetic which, oddly enough, convinced me that I was able to reproduce it.

Created by Nathan McCree, the original music (Tomb Raider 1 Theme) is still as captivating as it was when it was first released.

Not long after it was originally released, I created an XGMidi version and uploaded it to the various fan sites.

Recently, I returned to my original midi file and decided to update it with instruments currently available. Please note, however, that this music is copyright Eidos and Core Design Ltd and was originally created by Nathan McCree. I take no credit for its creation.
Music Copyright(c)2006 Grant Haavaldsrud. All Rights Reserved.
posted by Ghaavy at 1:33 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home